Basic tips for changing an engine coolant
We recommend changing the coolant every three to four years.
The coolant change should be carried out by a professional.
Please take note of the respective vehicle manufacturers recommendations.
Choose the correct GLYSANTIN® for your engine
- To find the correct coolant for your engine, please check our product finder or look at our orientation lists.
- Never mix coolants based on different technologies.
Draining and flushing the cooling system
- Draining the cooling system. Detailed steps for the draining and refilling differ depending on the automotive manufacturer, model and year of construction.
- Collect the old coolant and dispose of it correctly. Never dispose of coolant in the waste water system. Do not reuse the coolant.
- Flush the cooling system with a GLYSANTIN®/water solution (15% concentration).
Filling the cooling system
Dilute the GLYSANTIN® concentrate in a clean according to the guidlines in the table before filling it into the cooling system. Never use coolant concentrates in their undiluted form.
|Frost-proof to||Parts GLYSANTIN®||Parts water|
We recommend using demineralized or distilled water. Normal tap water can be used to dilute coolants if it is not harder than 3.5 mmol/l (20 degrees German water hardness) and does not contain more than 100 ppm chlorine or sulfate. For more information, please contact your local waterworks.
GLYSANTIN® Ready Mix products are already diluted to 50 vol% (1:1) with water. They are ready for use and are frost resistant up to -38°C. The coolant can be added to the cooling system without further dilution.